Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Doctor's Visit at 2 Weeks

Yesterday, we went for our 2 week visit to the doctor. Landry Kate is back up to her birth weight (7.0 lbs) and has grown a quarter of an inch. (I didn't really want to hear about that growing part. I don't want my little baby to grow up, but inevitably it is going to happen whether I like it or not. I have to just accept that fact and cherish every moment I have with her.) She didn't really like the doctor and his tools, especially the stethoscope. She was wailing so much that he couldn't even hear her heart. I finally got her calmed down with a passie and a few encouraging words. It was a great feeling when she was so upset, but when she heard my voice she calmed down. Her Pops said, "Obviously she has bonded with you." Yes, and me with her. We are a team!! Again, just like at the hospital, the doctor told us we have a "perfect one" on our hands. She is perfect, in fact, last night we went to sleep around 11:00 and she didn't wake up until 6:00 this morning. But sleeping through the night isn't the only thing that makes her perfect. She isn't fussy unless she's hungry. She doesn't mind her bath as much as she used to. She doesn't mind that I don't really know exactly what I'm doing. But most of all she's perfect because she is mine, she is part of me.

I did figure out one thing this past weekend though. We went to her cousin Brittany's First Communion on Saturday and Landry Kate wore the cutest plaid dress. When we got back to Gwen's house she was fussy and kept wanting to eat and didn't really want anyone else to hold her but me. (Which is very unlike her.) I was kind of having a panic attack because she had never acted like that and I was worried that she might be getting sick. Like all "prepared mothers" I had a sleeper in her diaper bag and so I changed her into the sleeper and she was a whole new baby. She wasn't fussy. She let her Meme and all the rest of the guests hold her. While we were eating she slept in her car seat. A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BABY!!! I guest the moral of the story is Ms. Landry Kate doesn't like to wear dresses. At least not yet. She will though. She's going to have to because that is pretty much all she has to wear for the summer. : ) We hope everyone is doing as well as we are. We love to hear your comments, so keep posting them.

1 comment:

  1. She is perfect and beautiful. Glad to hear things are going so well. It gets better every day!

    ReplyDelete